Why and How to Wake Up Early
People always ask me why I enjoy waking up early, so here is a complete guide describing why and how to do it!
Why waking up early?
- You’ll make time to dedicate only and true to yourself, because there won’t be any kind of distractions since most of people are sleeping
- Doing something truly for yourself by the early hours contributes to have a better day because you’ll be starting it with the right mood
- Your day will have more hours to be spent
- Establish a better routine for yourself resulting in more discipline and better focus and results
The early hours of the day can be used for those activities that have been put away for any type of reasons. You will be able to improve yourself even if you dedicate only 30 minutes of your time on doing something related to sports, spiritual health, studying or any kind of thing that would make you feel better or archive your long term goal.
How to wake up early?
- Choose a day to start, can be any given day, don’t focus on mondays like everyone else does.
- Organize all your stuff in the night before, such as gym clothes, gear, breakfast, pre and post workout, hydration, work clothes etc.
- Set at least 2 alarm clocks in at least 2 different devices
- Try to sleep a little bit earlier than usual
No caffeine after noon, its effects can last at least for 5 hours in your body.
No heavy meals at night, avoid sugars and fat, try to eat clean to avoid indigestion during the night of sleep. Remember, this meal will be responsible for how you’ll feel in the next early morning, it will be your fuel for your activity.
Stop procrastinating in your cell phone near bed time, screen brightness and all that brain stimulation from social media can fry your thoughts and put you away from a good resting night of sleep.
Bed is for sleep or sex, start to slow down and don’t use it to think of problems or having heavy conversations with your partner.
Don’t Think Twice, when the alarms goes on just get up and get dressed. If you think for a few seconds maybe you’ll go back sleeping again. Remember the 5 second rule.
Start doing this tomorrow and I’m sure that you’ll start to feel even better. If that doesn’t fit in your routine, that’s ok, adapt it in order to always have at least 30 minutes of the day dedicated only for yourself.